Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Urge to Purge


I'm addicted to old things, so much so that I've been in the business of buying and selling vintage treasures for over 20 years. I'm a collector and hoarder, filling up the nooks and crannies of our 80 year old home. Every once in a while tho, I get the "urge to purge." It is so liberating!!! Last Saturday was the day!

In addition, our son and his bride cleaned out their attic (I think seeing ours made them nervous, so they nearly emptied theirs after only 18 months of marriage). And a friend brought his Grandmother's fainting couch.

Over thirty people were waiting in line when we opened our now famous semi-annual garage sale Saturday at dawn. Above is a photo my dh took of the opening crowd.

All in all, we took in over $800! Some of that money will go towards my studio revamp. I can't wait to get started!