Daffodils in snow.I didn't know of it until I stepped outside at 6:50 a.m. But there it was - no doubting the white stuff. It was snow!
Snow is a really big deal in Charlotte. The mere mention of the possibility of snow in the forecast causes a run on the grocery store. Every supermarket is jammed with panic-stricken people laying in supplies for "the big one." In an hour, every loaf of bread and gallon of milk has been sold.
When I got to cardiac rehab this morning, I saw that the parking lot was nearly empty. Uh oh, I thought. Maybe class has been canceled. There were only six people in the 6:45 class; about the same in my class at 7:20. Conspicuously absent? The fellows from Buffalo and Michigan.
Schools were closed as were many businesses. Our quilt guild meeting tonight was canceled although after a day of bright sunshine, there is not one flake to be seen this evening. As a former midwesterner, I still haven't gotten used to this.
Here are a couple of pix of our big snow.
Snow is a really big deal in Charlotte. The mere mention of the possibility of snow in the forecast causes a run on the grocery store. Every supermarket is jammed with panic-stricken people laying in supplies for "the big one." In an hour, every loaf of bread and gallon of milk has been sold.
When I got to cardiac rehab this morning, I saw that the parking lot was nearly empty. Uh oh, I thought. Maybe class has been canceled. There were only six people in the 6:45 class; about the same in my class at 7:20. Conspicuously absent? The fellows from Buffalo and Michigan.
Schools were closed as were many businesses. Our quilt guild meeting tonight was canceled although after a day of bright sunshine, there is not one flake to be seen this evening. As a former midwesterner, I still haven't gotten used to this.
Here are a couple of pix of our big snow.

