I contacted an Amish quilter my youngest sister had met and used. Sylvia Petersheim agreed to hand-quilt the piece for me. I spent a couple of days working out the quilting design before shipping everything to Bird-In-Hand PA. (Actually, my DH was kind enough to do this for me.) The motifs I drew were inspired by research done on the internet, as I'd donated all my quilting design books during my recent studio purge - thinking I'd never use them again. Well, who knew?
Thursday note: My sister tells me Mrs. Petersheim is Mennonite. But I think her quilters are Amish.
A Superior Threads King Tut variegated thread from Sue Nickels will be used for the quilting; the batt will be a soft bamboo and cotton. Both products are new to this group of Amish quilters. I'm so hoping they'll enjoy using them.
My great-grandmother, Flora Ellen Lewis Darnell, made this Double Wedding Ring quilt in the 1930's. It belongs to my sister Patty who had it hand-quilted by Sylvia Petersheim.http://www.sylviasquilts.com/