Matthew's favorite number is 11 - and he likes to play pool.I found the perfect fabric amongst scraps I had.
He and Suzie chose Nov. 11 (11/11) for their wedding day
nearly three years ago.
Border DetailI've just completed my largest and most technically difficult quilt project ever. My nearly three-year labor of love is a wedding quilt for my son Matthew and his bride Suzie. The New York Beauty is in their favorite colors of blue and orange with added yellows and acid greens. Its title is Ray of Life.
I spent nearly two months fooling around with the border, changing my mind about colors and design several times. I ended up removing the border I had my heart set on, and am now glad I did. I'm very happy with the final choice of orange and blue which helps set the color scheme more strongly. It was definitely the best choice.
I was going to have the piece hand-quilted, but in view of my life-threatening cardiac event two months ago, I know time is of the essence. So, off it will go to be long-arm quilted. I want the kids to have the quilt now! I know how close I came to not being able to finish it for them.
Photo credit: Bill Guerrant
I spent nearly two months fooling around with the border, changing my mind about colors and design several times. I ended up removing the border I had my heart set on, and am now glad I did. I'm very happy with the final choice of orange and blue which helps set the color scheme more strongly. It was definitely the best choice.
I was going to have the piece hand-quilted, but in view of my life-threatening cardiac event two months ago, I know time is of the essence. So, off it will go to be long-arm quilted. I want the kids to have the quilt now! I know how close I came to not being able to finish it for them.
Photo credit: Bill Guerrant

