Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Today in the Studio

I had barely enough of a wonderful polka dot fabric for the first border on the wedding quilt. Click on the picture for a closer view.

My time in the studio was brief, as I spent most of the day PhotoShopping Minnesota pictures, making folders and burning DVDs. But I did manage to get the first border onto the New York Beauty. I wish I had purchased more than one yard from Randy's Quilt Shop in Greensboro but alas, it is all gone. Why are my favorite fabrics always polka dots?

I took the piece to Greensboro yesterday and put it on the kids' bed. I've decided the quilt needs one more border before the outer pieced blocks are sewn on. I have not found the perfect fabric in my stash, so will have to make a trip to Mary Jo's. I have to be very disciplined when I go to Gastonia (Mary Jo's location) as the temptations there are great: Hobby Lobby, Marshall's, a couple of good thrift shops, Michael's and lots more - not to mention Tony's Ice Cream Parlor on Franklin Blvd. Yipes!