For a period of several years, I've been teaching a class in simple surface design which has resulted in many fabric samples. While gathering materials for my upcoming class in Greensboro, I began to notice how well many of the pieces worked together.
My stash includes fabrics I've made using hand dyeing, hand painting, found-object printing, resist and Shibori techniques as well as Caran d'Ache water soluble crayons, sun printing and several other methods. This Saturday, my class will concentrate on stamping techniques.
The study below was created this afternoon. I haven't made a final decision on the orientation.
My stash includes fabrics I've made using hand dyeing, hand painting, found-object printing, resist and Shibori techniques as well as Caran d'Ache water soluble crayons, sun printing and several other methods. This Saturday, my class will concentrate on stamping techniques.
The study below was created this afternoon. I haven't made a final decision on the orientation.
It is chilly and damp here, a perfect day to be holed up in the studio. I love the peace I feel in the stillness.



