
My husband and I are fortunate to live near uptown Charlotte in one of the city's oldest neighborhoods. Yesterday many of its residents came together to celebrate our nation's independence. Moms, Dads, kids and dogs - all dressed in red, white and blue - decorated bikes and wagons, cars and pick-up trucks to stroll and ride down the expansive avenue which is Queens Road West. A canopy of century-old oaks formed a great archway over them as they laughed, smiled and giggled their way through the neighborhood.
It was what I call a pure, golden day, reminiscent of the 1950's when I was a kid. There was nothing artificial, just the fun of getting together with one's neighbor to enjoy the day. Just look at the faces of the participants to see what I mean.
These great photos were all taken by my husband, Bill Guerrant. Click on any image for a closer view.