Quilts for Sale

Monday, July 26, 2010

Thrifting Mondays

I've been told my computer is a dinosaur, even though it seems I just bought it.  My DH has found it has almost no RAM.  Consequently, it has begun to "act its age" - grinding slowly away.  My son worked on it recently, pronouncing it a "major fail" and advising, "Mom, you need a Mac."  The CD burner and scan functions have disappeared.  Today, it refuses to read memory cards.

So what we're left with for Thrifting Mondays are photographs of things already uploaded.

 Thrift shop quilt.
It's just big enough to cover a double mattress.

 I bought this humble quilt just to use as a snuggleup.  The fabrics are unusual - both cottons and flannels.  I'm usually pretty good at dating fabrics, but came up empty on this one.  New? 1980s? Curious minds want to know.  What do you think?

Target of Love - a clue to newness?

Maybe it's made from scraps - old and new.

The white designs are actually machine-embroidered on the red fabric.
I'm leaning more towards "new" all the time now.

Should have rotated this picture for you.  Sorry.
The quilt backing is also pieced.

Let me know what you think about this quilt's age.  It has no label, no ID of any kind.  But it just felt cozy, so came home with me.

No comments: