Quilts for Sale

Monday, June 21, 2010

Dorothy - A Breath of Fresh Air!




I'm on the left with the amazing Dorothy.

While teaching for the Blue Ridge Quilt Festival I had the great good fortune to stay with an incredible woman.  Dorothy was so welcoming and caring and so much FUN!   I liked her instantly. And she
REALLY knows how to drive in the mountains.

In her Subaru she drove me  to the top of Clover Meadow, where her beef cattle graze.  As we neared what seemed like the fast approaching edge of a cliff, I began laughing  and was a little "white knuckled" as I asked her, "Am I Thelma or Louise?" 

Dorothy introduced me to a new way (to me) of cooking/eating/thinking. I'm anxious to learn much more about this ancient diet.  Although I consumed fewer  calories than normal, I was totally satisfied and never hungry.  I even lost 3 pounds over my four day stay!  The book "Ayurvedic Cooking for Westerners" by Amadea Morningstar is highly recommended. 


Dorothy adds minced garlic and ginger to a stir-fry of asparagus and spinach.
Coconut milk was added along with Eastern spices.
The dish was served over a mixture of rice and mashed mung beans.


Dessert was freshly picked blueberries.  YUM!
What a glorious view!

I loved being in VA.  Every minute was wonderful.

No comments: