Quilts for Sale

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Double Your Pleasure, Double Your Yum!

NoDa restaurant in Charlotte


When first told about a restaurant named Cabo Fish Taco, I couldn't imagine such a combo.  Fish and tacos?  Oh my, was I wrong.  We had lunch there Monday when Matthew was in town for an appointment.   Grilled shrimp and pineapple in two soft flour tortillas with a zesty slaw and other delights.  LOVED IT! My DH and I returned Thursday for my birthday, then went to Amelie's for dessert. http://www.cabofishtaco.com/

Cabo fish taco is in the arts district known as NoDa (North Davidson) between 35th and 36th Streets.  Amelie's is closer to town, near 27th and North Davidson on the east side.  The pastries are to die for.  I indulged with a dark chocolate croissant; my DH chose raspberry pie.  Both were outstanding, as was the coffee. 

This was our first visit to Amelie's but definitely not our last.  The charming French Bakery is open 24/7, has free wi fi and also serves soups and sandwiches and bakes fabulous breads.  I'm not sure how we managed to miss it until now.  http://www.ameliesfrenchbakery.com/

No comments: