Quilts for Sale

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Today marks another March birthday in the family.  My younger sister Sue, shown below with one of her five grandchildren, inches ever closer to that senior citizen's discount!  Happy birthday, Sue!

Enjoying Sunset Beach, NC

Mother's finished quilt - at home on the prairie.

I finished the quilt our Mother was working on (at the time of her death) for Sue.  She finally received it last spring.  After overcoming extreme sadness, I found working on Mother's quilt a great comfort and blessing. 

After my father died, mother began working on her "quilt as you go" project so she'd have something to do while she traveled.  Wanda Hanson (quilter extraordinaire and known to many of you) worked in a quilt shop near Mother's farm and helped her select the fabrics.  Thanks to my baby sister Patty who found yards of the now vintage fabrics in CA last year.  I could not have completed the borders without them!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I never thought of birthdays that way but I have to tell you, I feel enlightened, LOL!
Love the quilt. You just can't beat a quilt with a history. I'm sorry for your loss. B.