Quilts for Sale

Monday, February 15, 2010

Getting There

           


            

Had my fifth cortisone shot today and nearly hit the ceiling - just after my doctor had told me I was the patient who never flinched! Not a good idea to jump when a needle is in your wrist. The three middle fingers on my left hand felt like they were stuck in a light socket when the injection began.  My dr, RN and I burst out laughing when I realized "Oh sh-t - we're going to have to do this again aren't we?" Second try was fine. I'm allowed limited computer time now. YEAH!

I'm going to continue wearing splints at night but not more than four hours during the day.  Instead, I'm to work on strengthening my hands by squeezing a ball or silly putty.  My left thumb bends well now with no pain; the right one is better.  At least the pea-sized nodule at the base of the tendon is gone.

I can't wait to get back to stitching.  In the meantime, I'll share a couple of snow photos I took recently.

 From top left:
  1. Brick wall in our back yard.
  2.  Numa dog LOVES snow!
  3. I love the texture of dogwood bark.
  4. Carolina blue sky
  5. These little birds are on a hose guard, but we've always used it for decoration only.



The roof of this birdhouse is a license plate from my home state - Illinois.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Wonderful pictures and so happy to hear that your hands are responding well to the shots! Just please don't over do it! I've horrible thoughts of you working too hard and undoing all that you've done to heal! So please be careful!

Ellen Guerrant said...

Good advice, Debby. I'll be careful.