Quilts for Sale

Monday, February 1, 2010

Doctor's Orders

Following my 4th cortisone shot this morning, my doctor said, "I want you to rest your hands for two weeks.  That means no fine sewing, no needles, no keyboarding.  We want to get rid of the trigger thumbs and carpal tunnel."  I kinda sorta promised......starting tomorrow.  I had to finish an order tonight.

I'm going to try my very best to follow my doctor's orders.  So far her conservative treatments have really helped. 

This fabric has never been washed.  I found just over two yards of it on a recent outing.

Every once in a while I may sneak in a photo - like this great Indonesian batik found at my favorite thrift store. But for now I'll say "auf Wiedersehen."

2 comments:

O'Quilts said...

Hi Ellen, I just found your blog and am enjoying it. I am sorry about your wrists..not good for a quilter. I hope you are better soon. C U at guild. Diane

Ellen Guerrant said...

Thanks, Diane. See you tonight.