Quilts for Sale

Friday, January 22, 2010

Vintage Quilt Blocks




Yesterday I promised more info on the unearthed vintage blocks. 

There is an overall view of some of the blocks in my old blue chair.  I also found 85 log cabin blocks, circa 1880-1910, hand-quilted onto foundations.  I know there are 19th century bow tie blocks somewhere, but..........

And check out the double wedding rings!  Have not counted them, but there are quite a few.  A newspaper pattern for the other parts of the block is also there.


4 comments:

Laura said...

I came across your post about vintage blocks -- I also have a pile of these hexagons from the 1930s and I'm curious to see what you plan to do with yours! Mine were made by an aunt of my grandmother, and my mother had kept them for over 30 years without doing anything with them. I found them when my mother died two years ago, and of course I had to keep them! Pictures are on my blog:

http://periwinklequilts.blogspot.com/2009/10/quilting-with-ghosts.html

Laura said...

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you had to approve all comments, so when I didn't see my first one, I sent another because I thought I hit "preview" instead of "publish". Whoops, I wasn't paying attention!

Ellen Guerrant said...

Thanks, Laura. I keep forgetting I have to go to blogger to approve comments. I know the nexagons you have are wonderful. I've kept these for a long time, but am letting things go. They will be for sale at the upcoming Needlework and Quilt Show Jan. 29 & 30, Statesville NC Details in the right sidebar under "Where I'll Be."

Michele said...

I have the twins to your double wedding ring bits in my "vintage orphans" bin. Lord knows I have enough UFOs of my own, so why do I wind up taking these old orphans home from the quilt show rummage sales?