Quilts for Sale

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Show Closed

The Needlework and Quilting Arts Extravaganza is closed today.  Heavy snow and ice have made the Statesville Civic Center parking lot inaccessible.  Cindy and Patty, show sponsors and owners of The Quilter's Gallery, worked very, very hard to make this show possible.  I am so sorry for them and for all the vendors. And I'm sorry for everyone who couldn't attend yesterday.  It was a really great show.  I will definitely participate again next year.

As  the daughter of a farmer, I grew up with an appreciation of weather's impact.  As the wife of a weather obsessed fellow with considerable training and experience in emergency preparadness, I remain very aware of potentially dangerous conditions.  Needless to say, I'm very thankful I heeded the advice of my DH yesterday to get on the road quickly. 

No comments: