Quilts for Sale

Friday, January 29, 2010

Heavy Snow

Today was the first day of the show I'd been anticipating for months.  Due to heavy snow, I will not be at the Quilting and Needle Art Extravaganza Saturday. My friend Debby and I packed up and headed out. Snow was coming down hard and wet; it was dark with low visibility. Traffic on the interstate crawled at 35 mph. If we had left 30 minutes later, I would not have made it home. Statesville already has more than 6" of snow - 14" expected. Safe journey to all vendors who stayed. 

And to think it was 63 degrees in Charlotte yesterday. 

3 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

I wondered if the snow had gotten there yet. How disappointing for your show.

Diane said...

How disappointing! Mother nature can really get in the way sometimes. Hope to see more of your lovely projects soon.
Diane

Ellen Guerrant said...

Thanks for your concern, Wanda and Diane. The entire show is closed today.