Quilts for Sale

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Turkey Day

Thanksgiving was wonderful this year. We spent it in Asheville with our son and DIL, her aunt, uncle and cousin and adorable dogs Lulu and Velvet. The food was divine, atmosphere relaxed and easy, and the welcome warm.

Suzie and Matthew work on a dish for the Thanksgiving feast. Looks like it's almost time to eat!

I've always loved Asheville, with its funky, arty feel, great restaurants and neat shops. Among my favorites on Haywood St.: Malaprop's Bookstore and Cafe' http://www.malaprops.com and Earth Guild where one can find all manner of art supplies. http://www.earthguild.com/ It also has the sophistication of Biltmore Castle, Biltmore Village and numerous galleries.

I did not know we would see wonderful art in the yard of our hosts. See some of my favorites below:

I'd never seen a "tree face" before. Too cool.
Deb and Gary also have a bottle tree.

Stella was my favorite, especially with her rusted bed springs hair!

Bosoms are actually lamp parts.
This found object lady began with a garden rake. Click on the picture to see details.
Check out these dreadlocks.

It was a wonderful day.


No comments: