Quilts for Sale

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Contemplating Change

I've had a hard time working in my studio since it was redone over a year ago. Today, I think I finally figured out why.

In the former arrangement, my cutting table was accessible from both sides. I could face the design wall while cutting/contemplating. When my new Horn cabinet arrived, I placed it where the cutting table had been. I think I'll swap it with the table so I'll still face the design area but be able to get to both sides of my cutting surface. Ahhhhh. I feel better already.

I feel constricted every time I try to use this table. I'd planned to move it three feet from the wall, but never did. Bulletin boards I bought last spring are still not up.

I'm going to play around with the floor plan a bit. The room is much less crowded than before, but I'm not inspired in it at all.


There is no art on the walls and everything is white. This is a major part of my problem. My sister was probably right when she told me to paint the room a color, but don't tell her that. Now where did I leave my hammer? I have two wonderful Judith Vierow prints to hang!


2 comments:

Exuberant Color said...

You definitely need the table accessable from both sides. I don't like to cut or sew facing a wall. I think leaving the room white is smart because white is reflective and will let all of the colors you work with stay true. I would just decorate with color, pictues, YOUR QUILTS, inspiration pictures and fabrics pinned up on the design wall.

Deb said...

I agree, I'd leave it white as well. Just add color art and bits and pieces of colors you like. The fabric itself on the walls is very inspiring to me! I agree, I could not use any table that's up against a wall. That would be too much of a mental block to me!