Quilts for Sale

Thursday, October 22, 2009

New Source for Thread Holders

Mums straight from the grocery store.

I bought a bunch of spider mums recently. To keep the petals intact, the florist had enclosed each blossom in netting. I tried to remove the first net by pulling from the top, which didn't work. I had to carefully remove it from the bottom or else the whole flower pulled off. I'm going to save these little nets, as they'll be perfect to keep threads from raveling off their spools.

These nets are sold through quilting catalogs for just that purpose. But these were a free bonus with my bouquet. How cool is that?

Use caution when removing the netting.

Spider mum set free!

1 comment:

Susan Brubaker Knapp said...

I use these, too, Ellen. They are great for holding together rolls of paper, my positioning overlays made from upholstery vinyl, tracing paper, fusible web, freezer paper, etc.