Quilts for Sale

Monday, October 12, 2009

Barnful of Quilts Pix

Despite a 70% chance of rain, Barnful of Quilts Saturday was a huge success. The day turned sunny - crowds were huge. The driving force behind all this is Valerie Fox who turns her barn into a gallery for the day. This second Saturday in October celebration is a fundraiser for her church - Waxhaw Presbyterian.

Have you ever seen a barn this beautiful?

Approaching Barnful of Quilts.

I bought a small wall hanging created by Corrine Schroeder, who made all but three of the quilts displayed on the long fence.


Dozens of quilts lined the fence around the barn. These are just a few.

The entrance to my stall.
Notice the beautifully shiny walls.

Quilts and Patterns

Early visitors.
Hold on My Heart...Throw Me a Lifeline
is the title of this quilt.

I use aqua in a lot of my quilts - thus the shirt choice.
The jacket was removed early as the day turned warm.

The west wall held ten small quilts.

It was a really fun day. Wish you all could have been there.

All photos: Bill Guerrant

3 comments:

Deb said...

It all looks so beautiful! I'm so sorry I had to miss it!

Cynthia Wenslow said...

Thanks for the photos. Really a nice set-up!

LaughingLG said...

What a lovely show!!