Quilts for Sale

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Prairie Sunsets

Only wind and the squeaking of windmill blades broke the silence as my sister Sue and I captured this scene.

Views on the wide-open prairie are like those from the Sears Tower, only from the ground. I shot this sunset while on the way to my nephew's home in Ogden.

This one was taken on another evening just after the sun set.

Living in a city known for its tree canopy, we see only portions of sunsets. I took advantage of the open vantage points on our recent trip home to Illinois to capture these images.

2 comments:

Linda Laird said...

Dear Ellen,
You are a lucky person to have been born in the land where you belong, that speaks to you.
I have the same feeling about the Southwest: mountains, desert, and ocean. Your sunset photos on the open Plains were like a sunset over the Pacific. The same open sky, and the same low, flat horizon.

Thanks for sharing the beauty,
Linda Laird
QuiltArt list

Ellen Guerrant said...

Thank you so much, Linda. I love the wide expanse of the Prairie.
Ellen.