Quilts for Sale

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Is It Sumer Yet?

Last year's plants.

The black-eyed Susans are just beginning to bloom and tomorrow's forecast is for temperatures in the 90's. Can summer be far behind?

I took time this afternoon to work in our new perennial bed. Unlike our running theme of blue, purple, pink, fuchsia and white, this bed will be blue, white and pale yellow as a good transition to the black-eyed Susans and old-fashioned tiger lilies in back of the garage. As a kid, I saw this orange flower growing wild everywhere, especially along the RR tracks (thus the oft-heard southern reference to railroad lilies). BTW, my grandmother's most favorite bouquet was an arrangement of Queen Ann's lace and tiger lilies. I too love the combination.

Once I find the knock-out rose variety I want, I'll post photos of our finished beds.

No comments: