Quilts for Sale

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Birthday Treat

My DH chose this yummy 'stack' appetizer of fried green tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and prosciutto topped with an orange olive tapenade and saffron honey.

My lemon infused hummus with fresh pita triangles was divine!

For my birthday last Wednesday, I was treated to dinner at a favorite restaurant - Lulu. Since we were there early, we took advantage of the fixed price special four course meal. We chose from five selections for each of the four courses - appetizer, salad, entree' and dessert. I chose the house salad, roast chicken with spectacular flavor, and espresso creme brulee. My dh had the lettuce wedge with bacon, bleu cheese and croutons, steak - cooked to perfection - and creme brulee. Our wine selections (merlot for my dh, a Riesling for me) were also lovely. The coffee was great with the heavenly desserts.

It was a lovely day, with lots of calls and cards. It was also a day of great reflection, as I know how fortunate I am to be here following my cardiac events of last summer. Each day is a gift - for every single one of us.

No comments: