Quilts for Sale

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Thought It Was Spring!

Matthew and my dh Bill in our front yard. Note the
beautiful cherry tree across the street.

I'm wearing sweaters again after having nearly used the car's AC last week! March is always a month of surprises. We've had temps in the 70s, snow, a tiny bit of ice, warm days once more and now rain and chill. I'm hoping we'll reach April without a freeze.

Our son Matthew was down Monday for an echocardiogram. No results yet, but I'm expecting only good news.

Matthew visited a favorite Charlotte train haunt before coming by the house. It's always wonderful to see him, if only for a while. We had brunch at the Original Pancake House and then visited in the sunshine on our deck until his appointment.

This cherry tree is next door.

It's grown so much it now shades part of our front yard.

I'm happy to have this pretty view from my studio.

1 comment:

Hugbear said...

Ellen,
I love your photos of the beautiful Spring day in Charlotte! And of your precious son and husband. I do hope all went well with his testing. I can just see you at work in your studio looking out on such beauty. Thanks for sharing! I was sad to miss the quilt show last weekend ;( we were out of town on Spring break.
I have been knitting on the road, but would really like to begin quilting again. I need a kick start!
Hugs to you,
Carol G.