Quilts for Sale

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It Can't Be!

I felt exactly this way when I heard!

I have every issue ever published.

My favorite magazine is no more! I received notice last week that Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion has ceased publication! Martha Stewart Living will be substituted for the remaining time on my subscription.

I don't know why I liked Home Companion so much, why I kept every single issue. Maybe it's because I'm a nester and the magazine had such a comfortable and homey feel . I liked the way I always felt reading it - almost like sharing a cup of tea with an old friend. I can't imagine I'd have the same feelings about Architectural Digest. (My apologies in advance to AD fans.)

1 comment:

Susan Brubaker Knapp said...

I share your anguish! I think it is because this was a magazine dedicated to creativity in all things... decorating, crafting, cooking. Plus, she was a big supporter of art quilters.

I think I have all the issues, too.

Heavy sigh.