Quilts for Sale

Saturday, December 13, 2008

I DID IT!!!!!


Check it out! I made it through 12 weeks of cardiac rehab. It was not easy getting up at 6:15 three mornings a week and going out into the cold. But I stuck with it and am 20 pounds lighter as a result. I've just signed on for another 12 weeks, as I'm not yet disciplined enough to be set free.

Going to class has become part of my routine even though I'd like to stay in bed on cold, rainy mornings. Each participant has the same goal - to stay healthy and prevent further heart problems. There's a great camaraderie and sense of belonging.

We all benefit from having medical supervision at all times. Each session begins with a blood pressure check and weigh-in. Heart rates are monitored throughout and a mini-EKG done following time on the treadmill. Three cardiac RNs are with us and watchful for any problems. Our physical workouts are supplemented by education about cardiac issues as well as time with a registered dietician. I'm so fortunate to have this program available to me.

The RNs had fun by dressing up on Halloween. They are:
Shelly as Sarah Palin, Andrea and Alisen as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Jackie as an elegant black cat, and Jay as the third TMN Turtle.

No comments: