Quilts for Sale

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Studio Update Two

Horn 60" Quilter's Dream

It seems the studio revamp began weeks ago. I made great progress emptying the room and getting it painted, but things came to a complete halt as we awaited delivery of my new sewing cabinet. After years of procrastination I bit the bullet and ordered a 60" Horn Quilter's Dream as well as the storage chest which rolls underneath. The furniture was ready to go but the insert did not arrive until Friday. Delivery has been scheduled for early tomorrow. I cannot wait!

Since this purchase required major coin, I took advantage of a recent sale. The dealer also gave me a bigger discount as well as free delivery. And since I have a tax #, there was no sales tax. I used my Shrubby tax incentive from last summer and added money I'd saved.

The dealer will also deliver my Bernina 1530 which has been completely serviced. And since I was on a roll, I had all my sewing shears sharpened. Also on my list? A good magnifying light. I've looked but balked at the very high price - even with a 50% off coupon from Michael's. An on-line search may yield something.

As for the old furnishings - a Windsor chair was spray-painted red while an old three-drawer chest is getting a new coat of paint as well as new knobs before being placed between the fabric shelves. I'll stitch a colorful slipcover for the threadbare club chair. The old French Provincial desk went to the curb where it remained for about 15 minutes before being picked up. I'm always thrilled when a discarded piece of furniture can be used by someone else.

I can't wait for this to be completely finished. I am so ready to sew!!!

No comments: