Quilts for Sale

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Making Progress

The hollow-core 30" x 80" Luan door will be shortened by a foot or so. A horizontal bulletin board is planned for the wall.

I began the day with a bone density scan and was told "You have good bones." I'm blessed to have strong Irish and German genes.

When I got home I got to work on sprucing up some furniture. Using a small foam roller and fresh white paint, I was able to knock out the little chest of drawers in no time. It looked so nice I decided to paint the old cupboard and book shelves in the hall. The day turned warm allowing me to get outside and spray a second coat of red paint on my Windsor chair.

My brother-in-law will come over tomorrow to cut a foot or so off the luan door I bought at Lowe's. It will be placed on top of the three ClosetMaid basket units and serve as a cutting table. I'm finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Once I'd finished my painting, I had some fun placing a few sewing baskets and collectibles on top of the book shelves. They've been tucked away for far too long.

Baskets and sewing collectibles are finally on display. The printer's type tray previously used for thread will hold vintage thimbles and threads. The Little Mother sewing machine was a yard sale find.

I love the button family on this very old button bag.
I've had it for a long time.

No comments: