Quilts for Sale

Monday, October 27, 2008

There Goes My Baby

This morning I delivered the wedding quilt (my baby) to Rebecca Verrier-Watt, a very talented long-arm quilter in Harrisburg NC - about 25 miles from me. She and I spent lots of time discussing which design elements to use for quilting. There will be pebbles and spikes and feathers and other motifs appropriate for a bright, contemporary piece. I'd initially thought feathers were too traditional, but Rebecca shared new designs which were more modern in feel. She will use a variegated King Tut thread in oranges and yellows from Superior.


FAIRFIELD NATURE-FIL BAMBOO QUILT BATTING

Trying to think green like the kids, I chose a Nature-Fil 50% bamboo and 50% organic cotton batt by Fairfield. I'd read about it and was delighted to feel its softness. Although an expensive choice, it seemed perfect for the quilt. I can't wait to see it finished! I know it will look great.

For more about Rebecca click here:
http://www.thequiltersstation.com/


No comments: