Quilts for Sale

Friday, October 24, 2008

Something Else I've Finished

My sister Sue sent these photos of the quilt I finished for her earlier this year.

Sue chose the bedroom paint color based on the fabrics in the quilt.

I love the new Mission-style bed!

Another major accomplishment this year was finally finishing the quilt my Mother was working on at the time of her death. Mother had started it after my father died, wanting something she could work on during trips. She'd pieced and quilted each block by hand and had completed many. I made and quilted five more blocks, assembled the quilt and added borders.

The quilt was delivered to my sister Sue, who lives in IL, at a family reunion in MN last July. I think it looks great on Sue and John's new bed. I'm really glad I made an extra wide border.

1 comment:

Exuberant Color said...

The quilt turned out really nice. The wide border looks good, and with the extra thick mattresses now you have to make the quilts bigger. I'm glad Sue wanted it and that you were willing to finishe it.