Quilts for Sale

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Such Fun!


Four sets of the rubbing plates found through an educational supply catalog.
My apologies for the reflection of the packaging. I'll try to reshoot later.
Click on the photos to get a closer view.

When my nephew and his family were here recently, we went to Discovery Place - a science museum in Charlotte. The little girls had a great time exploring in one area where I found several interactive dinosaur rubbing plates. I wanted to buy my own but alas, the gift shop did not carry them.

My nephew's wife found not only the dinosaur plates but several other sets while browsing through an education supply catalog. Thanks, Lisa! The sets and the number of plates in each are: bugs (6), leaves (16), flowers (16), insects (16) , ocean fish (6), flowers (16) and dinosaurs(6). The bug set has each creature in a setting such as flowers or leaves, while the insect set has no ornamentation.

The plates are recommended for ages 5+ and come with fun text such as: Learning about insects has never been so exciting! I can't wait to try them. I really could have used the plates several years ago when I created a quilt entitled "The Fly - Ode to Jeff Goldblum."

The Fly - Ode to Jeff Goldblum
22" x 21"
Commercial along with repurposed, hand-dyed and overdyed fabrics, rubber stamping, embroidery and photo transfer. Silk screened fly fabric from Friday Fabrics.


Detail #1


Detail #2

No comments: