Quilts for Sale

Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Next Projects


I created this piece using only my own hand-dyed fabrics. Some of the edges were left curved, as a less expected design element.


These small studies are waiting to be machine quilted. The Shibori one (on the upper right) will have the strip of turquoise pinned near it added to the top. The center grid was sun printed using Setacolor Transparent paint.

I'm still having difficulty with the top tension on my Bernina 1530, having gone through the whole litany of cleaning, oiling, changing needles, changing threads and stitching a sample of every straight stitch tension setting available. Since there is almost no discernible change from setting to setting, I'm fearing for the patient. I did get a slightly better stitch however by switching bobbin cases and using the extra thread guide on the machine's handle (visible on the back when the handle is lifted up).

My DH isn't sure the foot pedal for the old Bernina 830 can be fixed. I've found very expensive replacements ($160 and $180) in only two places on the internet and am still waiting to hear from Bernina USA.

In the meantime, I have several small pieces I'd like to machine quilt in the next month. This is very frustrating indeed!

No comments: