Quilts for Sale

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Making Progress and Search for Fabric

Border blocks.



Anyone have this fabric? The polka dots look as if they've been finger-painted on and are just slightly smaller than a dime.


Shown are a few of the just completed wedding quilt border blocks. I wanted to use as many different fabrics as possible, and chose many shades, tones and types of blues, oranges, greens and yellows. My plan was to use a wonderful polka dot fabric as the first border, but do not have enough. When I bought the fabric I just bought a yard to add to my dot collection - isn't that always the way? I'm fairly certain it is a 2001 P&B called Graphics although I just bought it this April. An all-day search on the net and calls to quilt shops for more yielded nothing. Anyone out there have a yard or so they'd be willing to sell me? LMK.

Note added Friday afternoon: I have a piece of the same design but in white with black polka dots. The selvedge reads: Graphics by P&B Textiles 100% Cotton Copyright 2001 It is definitely not a batik but a printed cotton. It's much more evident on the white/black than black/blue.

Click on photos for a closer view.

1 comment:

Exuberant Color said...

I just went down and looked through my dotted fabrics but didn't find any. It looks like a batik to me in the picture. Is the back the same as the front?