Quilts for Sale

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Getting Stronger Every Day

My typical lunch now is a large green salad full of whatever veggies we have on hand. This one has carrots, celery, cucumber, broccoli, cherry tomatoes from our garden, walnuts and a few chopped dried cherries. I use 1-2 tablespoons of a very low cal dressing. My carb is a pathetic little slice of 60 calorie whole wheat toast with Smart Balance spread. My beverage is always filtered water.


Although I've shown no evidence on my blog, I'm getting stronger every day. I'm eating so much better and have dropped some weight. And I'm driving all over the place as if nothing ever happened to me. The more distance I get from the event, the more I realize how fortunate I am to have come through with very little heart or other debilitating damage.

The wife of one of my DH's college roommates had the exact same symptoms as mine - nausea, a little chest pressure, a little discomfort in her left arm. Tragically, neither realized the seriousness of those signs and she died right there in his arms. My father had two sisters literally drop dead at 60 - one from a heart attack and one from a stroke. That could so easily have been me.

I know how incredibly blessed I am. I truly do. Life is fleeting.

I've made a personal decision to be more vocal about expressing love and caring. I'm making more phone calls, writing more letters, taking more time with the stuff that really matters. I don't want to leave this world without having shared what is in my heart with those important to me.


A stack of cards and letters written recently.


I love adding little whimsies to the envelopes!

No comments: