Quilts for Sale

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Today in the Studio

I had barely enough of a wonderful polka dot fabric for the first border on the wedding quilt. Click on the picture for a closer view.

My time in the studio was brief, as I spent most of the day PhotoShopping Minnesota pictures, making folders and burning DVDs. But I did manage to get the first border onto the New York Beauty. I wish I had purchased more than one yard from Randy's Quilt Shop in Greensboro but alas, it is all gone. Why are my favorite fabrics always polka dots?

I took the piece to Greensboro yesterday and put it on the kids' bed. I've decided the quilt needs one more border before the outer pieced blocks are sewn on. I have not found the perfect fabric in my stash, so will have to make a trip to Mary Jo's. I have to be very disciplined when I go to Gastonia (Mary Jo's location) as the temptations there are great: Hobby Lobby, Marshall's, a couple of good thrift shops, Michael's and lots more - not to mention Tony's Ice Cream Parlor on Franklin Blvd. Yipes!

1 comment:

Exuberant Color said...

I'm finally catching up on my blog reading after the company left. The quilt is looking great. It makes me want to pull out one of my paper piecing patterns.