Quilts for Sale

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Jelly Roll Strips

Moda fabrics sewn into 4-patch blocks. They will be 4" finished.

I'll have 150 blocks once these are added to those on my design wall.

A couple of years ago I bought a Moda Jelly Roll - 40 of their fabrics cut into 2 1/2" wide strips which were then rolled up jelly roll style. It had been an impulsive purchase of fabrics I wondered later why I'd made. But I was itching to sew last weekend and wanted something easy. I began stitching Saturday after dinner and by last night had 150 blocks completed! Having precut strips made everything go together so quickly. The blocks were a snap to make. I'd never given much thought to how much labor goes into cutting.

If you're familiar with my work, you know I do not work in pastels or florals. Regardless, I think this will be a pretty quilt. I'll put the blocks away for now so I can get back to the wedding quilt. It felt great to be sewing once more!

No comments: