Quilts for Sale

Monday, June 30, 2008

Vacation Photos

My DH and I hadn't taken a vacation together in years. This year my nephew Joshua and his wife Lisa wanted to renew their vows on their 10th wedding anniversary. They spent three days with us before we all drove to Sunset Beach, their favorite spot, where the event would take place.

Sunset Beach is the southernmost beach in North Carolina. It is a barrier island separated from the mainland by the Intercoastal Waterway with access by a quaint one-way draw bridge. Part of the long pier is visible through the protected sea oats which in turn protect the dunes.

Addison and Lisa.
Tidal pools form at low tide, providing perfect spots for play.

My great nieces, Addison and Olivia, loved the ocean.

This area under the pier provided a spot free from
the harsh sun for Josh and Olivia.

My DH and my nephew Josh share a laugh.

My DH loves kids. We're still asking ourselves why we didn't have more.

Unfortunately, we didn't have time to rent bikes but I did manage to get
a shot of their colors in the morning light.

No comments: