Quilts for Sale

Monday, March 24, 2008

Patty's Easter Birthday

My baby sister Patty (right) and I share a happy moment at an AQN dinner last April.

Easter came very early this year - the earliest in a hundred years. Records show it won't be as early again for another hundred. Easter was also the birthday of my sister Patty.

Of us four girls, Patty is the one who always could do everything - and still can. She's the one you want to have along on a long trip. If anything goes wrong with your car, she'll probably know what it is and most likely know how to fix it. My mechanical skills end with noting occasionally that the gas gauge is on E.

Patty's beautiful daughter Kari (also my Godchild) and her adorable daughter Grace. Daddy Josh is not pictured.

She raised two terrific kids and now is the proud grandma of a sweetheart of a little girl - Gracie. She was so looking forward to coloring Easter eggs with her, so flew to Las Vegas for a week-long visit.
Patty's son Sean just graduated from Culinary school in Monterey CA and is currently working at Asilomar.

Patty is a great quilter with an amazing sense of color - and the world's largest collection of batiks. Her hand-dyed stash is growing quickly following a one week dyeing class with Carol Soderlund at Nancy Crow's barn. She also sews about three times faster than I do!

Patty is also my biggest cheerleader, morale booster and confidant. I don't think there's anything she wouldn't do for me.

Happy birthday, Patty Lynne. I love you!

3 comments:

Patty Cramer said...

Hey Sweetie,

You're just too kind!! That was a beautiful tribute to your "baby" sister!!

You are right - there isn't anything I wouldn't do for you!!

We removed trim, and took some granite to the curb!! That was a lot of work!!

Thanks for your sweetness!!

Love,
Patty

Patty Cramer said...

Hey Sweetie,

You're just too kind!! That was a beautiful tribute to your "baby" sister!!

You are right - there isn't anything I wouldn't do for you!!

We removed trim, and took some granite to the curb!! That was a lot of work!!

Thanks for your sweetness!!

Love,
Patty

Patty Cramer said...

Hey Sweetie,

You're just too kind!! That was a beautiful tribute to your "baby" sister!!

You are right - there isn't anything I wouldn't do for you!!

We removed trim, and took some granite to the curb!! That was a lot of work!!

Thanks for your sweetness!!

Love,
Patty