Quilts for Sale

Monday, March 31, 2008

March Study

For a period of several years, I've been teaching a class in simple surface design which has resulted in many fabric samples. While gathering materials for my upcoming class in Greensboro, I began to notice how well many of the pieces worked together.

My stash includes fabrics I've made using hand dyeing, hand painting, found-object printing, resist and Shibori techniques as well as Caran d'Ache water soluble crayons, sun printing and several other methods. This Saturday, my class will concentrate on stamping techniques.

The study below was created this afternoon. I haven't made a final decision on the orientation.


March Study
11" square

Fabrics by me include: rubber stamping, resist, stitched Shibori, hand-dyeing and painting, Caran d'Ache Neocolor II water soluble crayons and sop-up paint rags. The dark purple is a commercial fabric.


Orientation #2.

Orientation #3.

Orientation #4.

It is chilly and damp here, a perfect day to be holed up in the studio. I love the peace I feel in the stillness.

1 comment:

Câmera Digital said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.