Quilts for Sale

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dear Sister

My sister Sue with one of her granddaughters, also born in March.
As you can see, little one loves the beach!

Our family has a plethora of March birthdays. Mother's just passed, my niece Joanna's was the 11th and my sister Sue's is today. We'll have two more Saturday and then four more before the month is out.

Sue did not begin to talk until I started kindergarden. With me out of the picture she jabbered away. I was such a chatterbox that I had asked her all the questions and answered them too. The poor kid never had a chance to speak!

Always scholarly, Sue read constantly filling her quick mind with knowledge. She attended the University of Missouri with a major in genetics.

I am so lucky to have Sue not only as my sister, but as my friend. She has always been there for me, in good times and in bad. She is a rock - always steady in the midst of the most fearful of times. Her incredible faith and optimism have carried me through the darkest hours and made me believe I would see the light once more.

She and her husband of nearly 40 years have two wonderful kids, four granddaughters and one grandson. They have been truly blessed.

Happy Birthday, Sue. I love you!!!

Beautiful Sunset Beach NC provides a respite for Sue and her family each year.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

AND DON'T FORGET ONE HECK OF A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW!!!! *SMILE*