Quilts for Sale

Monday, March 17, 2008

Art At Last!

Dream was inspired by a Paul Gaugin quote: "I shut my eyes in order to see." I like people to have to come close to see the detail in my work. Click on the image for a closer view.


Dream detail

Fabric for the center of the piece was painted with a watery wash of Pebeo Setacolor paints. I sponge painted my hand-dyed blue fabric with a metallic silver for the border. The top strip as well as the royal blue just under the center are commercial fabrics.

It feels wonderful to get back into the studio! I spent most of yesterday there, putting together a small piece for an upcoming workshop. Although I like the piece, I plan to redo the top strips, as the proportions don't suit my eye.

Workshop info: April 5, 2008, Piedmont Quilters' Guild, Greensboro NC
For further info, see the guild's website http://www.piedmontquilts.org/ or contactLinda at: lindaincarolina@aol.com








No comments: