Quilts for Sale

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Winter Wonderland - But Just for a Minute

There was just a wee bit of snow left on our rosemary bush this afternoon.

I found an internet site containing photos of last night's brief snowfall. This wonderful shot was taken by Mike Fox in nearby Belmont NC.

Night owl that I am, I witnessed last night's rare snowfall. It began just after midnight. By 2:30, everything was a fairyland. But did I go out in my nightie to take photos? Unfortunately, no. The snow turned to rain early this morning, quickly melting our winter wonderland.

Hopefully we'll have a bit more snow before winter's end. More prone to get ice than snow, Charlotte's biggest snowfalls usually occur in March - after the daffodils bloom!

For more Charlotte snow shots go to:

http://www.charlotte.com/multimedia/galleries/gallery
/450280-a450405-t2.html


and click through the images.
You'll see just how little snow it takes to get us excited!

1 comment:

Exuberant Color said...

My daughter lives just south of Charlotte and emailed me that they had an inch of snow. Being an IL girl she wasn't afraid to get in the car and go to the store. School was delayed by an hour or so.