Quilts for Sale

Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Doctor Was In!


Even after temperatures in the teens, this shrub rose continues
to bloom sporadically. I'm ready for an early spring.



Sometimes I just feel I must protect my dear readers from a few of the more personal aspects of my life. For instance, do you really want to know that, due to breathing problems, I've been attempting to sleep sitting upright in a wing chair since just before Christmas?!? I've been just about ready to commit hari kari! Luckily I was able to get a work-in visit with my allergist this morning. After a thorough exam (I'll spare you the details) I was told my severe nasal congestion is due to clusters of nasal polyps! Good grief - not a comforting thought at all, especially since I also have stress-induced asthma. And why is it doctors always want to show you illustrations and offer in-depth descriptions? I told him "Put those things away! I'm freaked out enough already. If my body is going to grow stuff, why can't it grow longer legs???"

I left his office with a an Rx for an eight-day high dose prednisone regime which I've begun. Fair warning...whenever I'm on steroids, I become really hyper. During my last event several years ago, my DH woke up about midnight to ask me, "What the ............are you doing at this hour?" I told him "Just go back to sleep, dear. I'm vacuuming out your sock drawer."

BTW - my allergist is a huge fan of the Neti pot, about which I've still not written. Maybe tomorrow depending on how my night goes.





No comments: