Quilts for Sale

Monday, December 31, 2007

At Year's End

Instead of greeting the new year by partying, we're spending a quiet evening at home. My husband is a little under the weather, so is resting on the sofa with Numa at his side. I've been in an appropriately reflective mood as 2008 draws near.

We've been blessed with good health and good friends in 2007. I have so many, many things for which I am grateful. Just a few of them are:

1. My family - the most precious thing in the world.

Ellen, Bill, Matthew, Suzie, Numa and Darby. Christmas 2006.

2. That we're all relatively healthy.

3. That the kids are so happy together.


Matthew and Suzie

4. That they have jobs, a pay check and benefits.

5. That Suzie's brother Rob arrived safely home from Afghanistan.



A very tired Rob arrived home in August.

6. For the three new babies in our families - Addison, Gideon and Wesley. Every baby is a gift from God.

7. That I have three amazingly supportive sisters who love me.

Sue, Sharon, Patty and Me - 1967

8. For the great good fortune of finding members of our family who have been separated from us for decades. Our lives have been so enriched by meeting and getting to know so many relatives who are such a rich part of our heritage.

9. Peace Moravian Church, our minister The Rev. Dr. James Doss and our amazing church family.

10. That we are so blessed in the things which really matter.

My greatest hope for the New Year is P E A C E!

Love and blessings to all.


No comments: