Quilts for Sale

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Latest Postcards

Work on my postcards continues. Below are a few of my most recent creations.


Hand-painted cotton, embossing powder, glue, Japanese maple leaves, gold pigment powder and Golden gel medium were used in this card. The leaves were collected and dried last fall from a tree our son planted years ago.


Tissue paper from a dress pattern and gold pigment powder were layered over hand-dyed cotton. I once again used Golden gel medium. If you look closely you will see the peace symbol rubber stamped under the tissue. Unfortunately, peace seems to be getting more elusive all the time.



I laid cotton over a Sushi mat and then applied Lumiere paint using a brayer. Rayon chenille cording was couched on as a decorative element.




Hand painted Peltex was decorated with squares of cotton, beads, silver metallic powder and quilting.



This time I used my hand-dyed perle cotton on more Sushi mat fabric.

No comments: