Bloggers everywhere are participating in Blog Action Day by writing about the environment. The condition of Mother Earth is critical and getting worse. The drought in NC has reached an extremely serious stage with river and lake levels dropping rapidly. Each of us has a responsibility to think green and to act green. Every effort counts! Here's what we do at our house:
1. Compost. We reap the rewards of composting each spring when the rich loam is plowed into our garden.
2. Conserve water by catching it in a bucket instead of letting it run down the drain until it gets hot. Pour the saved water onto shrubs and trees. Don't let the water run while you brush your teeth or rinse the dishes. Use as little as possible.
3. Recycle everything - papers, cans, glass.
4. Reuse, reuse, reuse.
5. Pass it on. Keep unwanted items out of the landfill by donating them to a worthy cause. Shelters are always in need of clothing and household items. It really does hurt my heart to throw something useable away!
6. Grow a garden using environmentally friendly products. It's good for the soul.
Thanks for thinking green today and every day!