Quilts for Sale

Friday, September 21, 2007

Off to The Great Plains

Dear Readers -

I'll be away until mid-October. Two of my sisters and I are taking an extended genealogy trip to Kansas, Nebraska and South Dakota. This is a long-awaited journey for all of us. We just wish our baby sister Patty could come along.

We will meet long-lost family at last. Stops will include museums, cemeteries, a sod house, a pony express station and Mt. Rushmore. I can't wait to see Carhenge which is in the same little remote location as the resting place of our great-grandparents: Alliance Nebraska. And there was some mention of Nebraska being famous for Angus beef and PIE! We're all in trouble.

I'm not sure I'll be able to upload photos on my sister's lap-top, but will try to post.

Wishing you all peace and love while I'm away. Ellen. xoxoxoxox

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a great trip and in the part of the country I love. Car Henge is such a hoot. I grew up in the Black Hills and always love going back to visit my folks.